13 July 2017

MILLION BRAZILIANS


My introduction to this outfit was 2013's Wet Dry Jungala LP, a record I still spin on the regular. I want to say that it was an impulse purchase, probably based on their relationship with CORUM, but I can't say for sure exactly how I came to meet the band. But that meeting led to more research and a deeper bond, a bond that is still growing....and recently led me to this cassette release from 2009. Total freakout free jazz clashing with ambient psychedelic sounds, New Ideas In Psychic Music gets the point across, but in a very (and gloriously) primitive manner. This feels wholly organic and very real, and I love listening to the (unnamed) tracks develop naturally...patience and concentration may be required for some, but effort is rewarded. 



No comments: